We are heading to Space with our Pre-School children this week. We are reading space inspired stories, discovering lots of fun facts about space, making moon cookies and creating our very own rockets.
Cardboard Roll Rockets
What you need:
- cardboard rolls (toilet paper rolls)
- paint in your choice of colours
- clear tape
- star stickers
What to do:
- Paint your cardboard roll in the colour of your choice.
- Once your cardboard roll is dry, snip the bottom in 4 equally spaced places about half an inch up.
- Take your white cardboard and cut a rounded rectangle to a size suitable for your rocket, then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Cut one in the middle coming from the bottom and cut the other coming from the top so they fit together. Slide the pieces into the cuts on the cardboard roll.
- Make a small cone from the cardboard Tape the end closed. Cut off the excess around the bottom so it’s even.
- Apply a line of glue around the top of the cardboard roll and position cone in place.
- Fly into Space, what will you see?