5 Interesting facts about the Artic.
- The land within the Artic Circle is divided between eight countries.
- The Artic is not a continent because it is not solid land, it is mostly made up of frozen sea.
- From the middle of March the days get longer and there is only sunlight during summer. From the middle of September the days get shorter and there is only darkness during winter.
- Inuit people live in igloo s during winter and it takes only a couple of hours to build one.
- More animals live in the Artic than the Antarctic because the winter ice provide a bridge to Russia and the US providing more varied food.
One of the children discovered these interesting facts about the Artic when learning about Report writing.